GF Tart Cherry Pie for Pi Day!
- Pie Crust
- 2 1/2 cups of Bob's Red Mill 1:1 Gluten Free flour ( this is in the light blue package)
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt of your choice
- 2 sticks of real unsalted butter, I use Tillamook's
- 4/5 TBSP of ice cold water, add a bit at a time just enough to mix together.
- divide the dough into 2 balls and refrigerate for an hour
- I used a bag of Organic Dark Tart Cherries, that I bought at Costco
- mix the bag of cherries with corn starch until all are covered.....about a 1/4 of a cup at most.
- 1)Roll out the dough and line your pie pan
- 2)Fill the unbaked pie crust with the cherries and corn starch mixture
- 3)Roll out the second ball of dough and cut into strips, place on top of pie in a lattice pattern.
- Bake at 350 degree for an hour and half.
- I place my pie on a cookie sheet in case it bubbled over.
- Let cool and serve with ice cream. ENJOY!!